Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blue Cheese Dressing

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a salad dressing snob.  I've been known to turn my nose up at many a restaurant offering, and don't even get me started on the ones at most supermarkets.  Especially the ones that aren't refrigerated.  Anything with dairy in it that by some chemical means does not need to be refrigerated is just WRONG people, just plain wrong.  It's so easy and cheap to make your own dressings that you should make the switch to homemade- and if you love blue cheese as much as I do, start with this one.
My mom likes me to make this for her when I'm at her house so she has it to eat all week long.  She even makes the request if she doesn't have any blue cheese accompaniments.
"But Mom, you don't even have any lettuce or veggies or anything."
"I have a spoon."
"Good point."

 

 
  • 1 C plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 C mayonnaise
  • 1 Tb whole milk (less if you like thicker dressing, more if you like it thinner)
  • 1 clove very finely minced garlic (or grated if you have a micro plane)
  • 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (this is the secret ingredient, guard it with your life)
  • 4 oz good quality blue cheese, crumbled


 Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until everything is thoroughly combined. 



Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight so all everyone can get friendly and the flavors combine. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment